(Collagenase Clostridium Histolyticum) injection
XIAFLEX® is an in-office, nonsurgical procedure
XIAFLEX® can be administered right here in office at Fairbanks Urology. XIAFLEX® is injected directly into the plaque that is causing your erect penis to curve. XIAFLEX® helps break down the plaque.
A treatment course of XIAFLEX® consists of up to 4 treatment cycles 6 weeks apart
Set up all injection appointments at the initial consultation. Your HCP will determine how many treatment cycles are appropriate.
Penile Modeling Activities
Your role at home — Your HCP will show you how to stretch and straighten your penis the right way at home after each treatment cycle. You will need to take a few minutes each day to perform gentle stretching and straightening penile modeling activities on your penis, closely following your HCP's directions.
There are 2 types of penile modeling activities:
- The first is a gentle stretching activity to be performed when the penis is not hard (erect)
- The second is a gentle straightening activity, which should be performed when the penis is erect without any sexual activity
Although these activities only take a few minutes, it is important that you follow your HCP's instructions and do them every day for approximately 6 weeks after each treatment cycle.
(1) Daily stretching
Gently stretch your penis 3 times a day. Only stretch your penis if your penis is not hard (erect).
- With 1 hand, hold the tip of your penis with your fingers. With your other hand, hold the base of your penis with your fingers
- Gently pull your penis away from your body to its full length and hold the stretch for 30 seconds
- Let go of the tip of your penis and let your penis return to its normal length
The stretching activity can be done any time of day when you don't have an erection. Establishing a routine may make it easier to remember, so try to do the stretching activity at the same time and place each day. Giving yourself privacy may allow you to feel more comfortable and less rushed.
(2) Daily straightening
Gently straighten your penis 1 time a day. Only straighten your penis if you have an erection that happens without any sexual activity (spontaneous erection). Bending your penis should not cause any pain or discomfort.
- With 1 hand, hold your penis. With your other hand, gently bend your penis in the opposite direction of the curve. Hold the penis in this more straightened position for 30 seconds, then let go